Recently I saw a video online about active-wear. Watch it here!! It is making fun of women who go around doing activities (unrelated to exercise) in their active-wear. I had to laugh. First, let me tell you that I LOVE active-wear! I have a draw full of it and only now is it starting to get worn – remember that torturous devil machine aka Lagree, yes I am still going and still
loving hating loving it.
I have had a few girls asking me lately where I buy my workout gear from and apart from the gorgeous girls at La Fit Studio which now stock (amazing) active-wear, I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Stylerunner. Now, here is the disclaimer; You WILL want to purchase EVERYTHING from this website. It is amazing. Your boyfriends/partner/husbands will curse me and I can guarantee that there will be a lot of ‘purchase hiding’ happening in your homes once you get onto this amazing site. Please don’t hate me!
Let me tell you that there is a (very) wide range of things to love. The shoes!! The leggings!! The crops!! My heart skips a beat just by surfing their webpage. Apart from the amazing choice and fashionable clothes, their service is beyond!! Recently, I bought a couple of crops which I just knew were not going to fit (those DD’s of ol’ are back. sigh.) but they looked super cute on the model wearing them and I was optimistic that perhaps I too could wear them. And of course I cannot. When I phoned to explain (yes phoned – remember that? When you actually speak to people?!) the lady on the other line was super helpful. I explained why I had to return my items and what I was hoping to do as far as a refund/exchange. She advised me that she would be happy for me to be refunded the amount of the items or I could have a credit note for the full amount (including the shipping costs) held on file – The choice was completely mine, and I could take sometime to think about it and let them know what I wanted to do when I returned the tops. Retailers on the big world wide web, TAKE NOTE!
Current obsessions from STYLERUNNER…
And if you aren’t sure what to buy when it comes to active-wear, here are some tips that I found helpful;
1. Invest in a good sports bra. Not all sports bras are created equal! Determine the kind of exercise you are going to be engaging in and that will put you in the right direction. High impact sports will require more support than if you were taking a pilates or yoga class. Also, your bra size will determine if extra support is required, chose bras that have adjustable straps and criss-cross backs.
2. Grab yourself a light-weight rainproof jacket. Perfect for those early mornings that might still be a bit chilly but not bulky so it can fit easily into a handbag or gym bag.
3. Be true to your sense of style. Active-wear is trending – put thought and effort into choosing clothes for working out just as you would for clothes that you wear out. You want to look and feel your best when you are working out and if you are loving your outfit, chances are your sweat session is going to be EXTRA amazing.
4. Make sure it is comfortable. While it is nice to choose amazing pieces to wear to your workouts (refer to point 3) it does have to be comfortable. Choose apparel that doesn’t restrict your movements. There is a lot of great active-wear that is not only stylish but super comfortable. Check for fabrics like lycra and nylon that are quick drying and move with your body.
5. Dress appropriately for the weather. This one may seem obvious but it’s always a good idea to check what the weather will be before you go for your work out. Sometimes it may start out cooler than when you are almost finished with your workout – Choose items that can be layered and removed easily.
In honor of our active-wear post I am giving away a $25 gift card for Stylerunner. All you need to do is comment on the bottom of this post with your name and email address and tell us how you like to get active.
Competition closes on Wednesday 23rd December at 5pm. Winner announced on December 24th 2015. Open to Australian residents only. GOOD LUCK!
Until next time…