So, today was our first warm spring day, and it was glorious! It is exactly what our souls needed. Today we got warmth for our bones, the sun on our face and glorious blue skies after the dreary greys that have been hanging around for the last 3 months. All of the above meant it was time to get our summer wardrobes out… and also our legs! Eeek! Yep, I am sure there were quite a few razors getting a workout today!
Thought I would help you beautiful ladies out with some of the ‘must-have’ items that you will need this summer, just a few items that will have you looking on trend for the entire spring summer season.
The strappy sandal. Gladiator sandals are back in full force and better than ever. This is a scary trend if, like me, you are vertically challenged! But fear not, keep the straps below the ankle line if you aren’t very tall and pick a pair in a nude colour. If you are one of the lucky ones with legs that go on forever (I am looking at you Kim Johnston!) then go for a pair that lace up all the way to just under the knee. How to wear them? With denim cut off shorts, long black maxi dresses and everything in between.
- Witchery sandals $129.95 – Purchase here
- Hobbs sandals $129.95 – Purchase here
- Country Road gladiators $179.00 – Purchase here
- Dotti Sandals $39.95 – Purchase here
- Valentino Leather sandals $835.10 – Purchase here
Khaki. I know that this is not a colour associated with summer but it’s here and it’s gorgeous! If you just want to try out the trend with minimal outlay then pick yourself up a singlet or tee. How to wear it? Paired back with denim or black shorts or even with white. Country Road have khaki singlets and tees out right now. GET ON BOARD!
- Country Road V Neck waffle t-shirt $69.95 – Purchase here
- Country Road pocket short $99.95 – Purchase here
- Witchery utility dress $129.95 – Purchase here
- Bardot O’Connor dress $139.95 – Purchase here
Denim. This is something that most of us have in our wardrobes and it’s a trend that’s been around for a few seasons. How to wear it? Try the denim on denim trend. Think chambray denim shirts and dark denim jeans or the perfect pair of cut-off denim shorts – You really cant go past One Teaspoon for the perfect pair of shorts this summer.
- Witchery denim pencil skirt $99.95 – Purchase here
- One Teaspoon Brando bandits $99.95 – Purchase here
- One Teaspoon Hustler outlaws $110.00 – Purchase here
- ASOS shirt $52.00 – Purchase here
- Cotton On – Skinny mid rise $29.96 – Purchase here
Off the shoulder. This trend was EVERYWHERE in Europe this summer. It was the one look that I saw the most of while we were on vacation. Let it be known that I adore anything that is off the shoulder, feminine and cool for those hot summer days. I especially love that it is trend that can be worn by many women. How to wear it? Why not try and off the shoulder dress in black (a colour that is also trending this summer) or a floaty white top paired back with those denim shorts I mentioned earlier.
- Seed dress $129.95 – Purchase here
- Steele dress $189.00 – Purchase here
- Tularosa dress $178.00 – Purchase here
- Tularosa dress $148.00 – Purchase here
Until next week…