It’s been a month of great little finds, and I wanted to share with you all what I am currently loving (and what is making my life a little easier!)
1. Herra hair protect.
When it comes to ‘saving’ my blow dry for as long as possible I will try anything. Shower cap… check. Dry Shampoo… check. Herra hair protect… HUGE CHECK. This brand new product was a finalist at this year’s hair awards and it is my absolute favourite hair product right now. Not only does it smell divine (for that three day hair smell) but it helps protect against UV rays, adds moisture without weighing the hair down, protects from pollution and free radicals and is sulphate and paraben-free! Ladies, run don’t walk. Available at Hairloom in Perth or www.herra.com
2. My Busy Bag
Recently we went camping with our children, the drive was 2 and half hours and about an hour in it started “are we there yet?” even with iPods, iPads iPhones we still got the dreaded question. My children are a little older than the rest of my girlfriends children so it is true that I can go out for coffee in (relative) peace and quiet but sometimes we are going to a place that I know will test their patience. Luckily for me (and you guys too) I have discovered My Busy Bag – A company that specializes in creating little ‘ready to go’ bags for car rides, plane rides, waiting rooms, restaurants or pretty much anywhere. The best part is they have ‘ready to go’ bags for any ages or ‘make your own’ bags which means you can choose what goes inside depending on your child’s interests. No more “are we there yet” or “I’m so bored” possibly the best $29.95 you will ever spend. (prices vary depending on which bag you choose)
3. Hazelnut brownie slice – RAW (suitable for TM, can be adapted by chopping everything prior and using a mixer)
I am on a raw food detox right now (more of that to come over the next few weeks) and I was craving something a little sweet that would still fall into the RAW category, lucky for me I came across this delicious recipe for raw hazelnut brownie slice.
40g cacao butter
60g pitted dates
50g shredded coconut
50g raw cacao
80g organic coconut oil
80g cacao butter (after spending 20 minutes looking for this at the supermarket I discovered they don’t stock it and you need to find it from a health food shop)
30g maple or pear syrup
Pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
Few chopped nuts of choice for garnish
Place all base ingredients into TM bowl and chop for 20 seconds on speed 7. Press into 20cm square baking tin that has been lined with baking paper. Place into freezer.
Make the topping by placing dates into TM bowl and chopping for 10 seconds on speed 7.
Add remaining ingredients except garnish nuts and blend for a further 20 seconds on speed 9 ( I had to blend for 45 seconds) until smooth and creamy. Pour onto base, sprinkle with chopped nuts and refrigerate until firm.
Cut into slices or squares to serve. Keep refrigerated.
4. The BEST summer denim shorts… EVER!
I have a thing with shorts… they can’t be too short, or too long or too loose or too tight, and the other day on my way to purchase some fish for dinner I just happened to walk past Just Jeans and see some shorts on a table that looked, dare I say it… perfect. The most fabulous, comfy undeniably perfect denim shorts I have ever discovered and for only $59.95. I am definitely thinking I need them in dark blue and white as well.
5. The Glossybox from Net-a-porter
Have no idea what to get the girl that has everything? Net-a-porter has finally come up with the answer for this festive season (and its only $31!!) This is definitely on my ‘Dear Santa’ list…
EXCLUSIVE TO NET-A-PORTER.COM. NET-A-PORTER has partnered with Glossybox to bring you this special limited-edition beauty box. This set includes six exciting luxury products that will appeal to both beauty enthusiasts and jet-setting fashion lovers, with something for everyone to discover. Quantities are limited.
- Charlotte Tilbury’s K.I.S.S.I.N.G Fallen from the Lipstick Tree – Stoned Rose (3.5g/0.12 oz.) is a breakthrough formula enriched with secret ingredient, the Lipstick Tree, an antioxidant that naturally protects lips from UV damage and external pollution, leaving lips cashmere soft and irresistible. This shade completes the Golden Goddess look
- Elizabeth Arden’s PREVAGE® Anti-Aging Daily Serum (5ml/0.17 oz.) is formulated with antioxidants and advanced technology to protect and shield skin from environmental damage
- Perfectly lengthen and separate lashes with the velvety formula of Ellis Faas’ Mascara E401 – Black
- Tousled beach hair scented with fresh Coconut and Tahitian Gardenia is only a spritz away with Philip B’s Maui Wowie Beach Mist (150ml/5.07 fl.oz.)
- Blended with skin-softening essential oils, Ila’s Bath Salts for Inner Peace (50g/1.8 oz.) soften skin and sooth tension to restore your inner calm
- Joya’s Âmes Sœurs Roll-On Parfum (1.5ml/0.05 fl.oz.) offers notes of Frankincense, Myrrh, Orange Blossom, and Jasmine in a roll-on design for easy application
Until next time…