I am always so excited to see what fashions will be translated from Runway to Real World at the start of any season. Even though we are still in shorts and dresses I have already started to think about coats and boots and anything winter (not that I am looking forward to freezing temps but its in my DNA to look a season ahead in fashion) and so I thought I would share with you all the trends that I think will be flooding through to the high street in the coming months. From anything and everything fashion to beauty, we have what you need to know this coming season.
1. Stripes – Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs were all sending stripes down the runway for their Spring 2013 shows and I love the versatility that comes with stripes, blue and white can be nautically hot for a summers day near the ocean, black and white rules chic in the city and red and denim screams American cool.
2. Black and White – Now this is a trend I am loving, my colours are black and white. There is nothing more timeless than a black and white ensemble, it can be worn at any age and in any way and still has the ability to be chic. I haven’t met a black and white outfit I haven’t liked…at least not so far. Don’t worry you can still wear your bold yellows and pinks!
3. Cut outs – Not for everyone, but dresses with cut outs are super sexy. If cut outs are positioned in the correct way, this can add major glam to your outfit with just the right amount of modesty.
4. Eyebrows – The bolder the better this season. Dark, bold eyebrows are making a comeback… so head to your nearest eyebrow salon to get them shaped up and tinted. Remember bold does not mean unruly, keep the neat. If you over pluck, I suggest you grow them up for a couple of weeks and have them professionally ‘seen to’.
5. Nails – Putting a glamorous spin on your next mani/pedi is a must! Nail art and inverted french manicures are just the start of where you can go with this trend. My last manicure included deep red nails with gold tips… va va voom.