I’m packing my
and getting on a
for some much needed R&R with my family.
So our annual family trip to Singapore is upon us and the kids have been counting down for the last three months… and by kids I mean the kids… and ME. Our bags have been packed for 2 weeks and we have been taking it in turns crossing off the days on the calendar… I know we are only gone for a week but we really look forward to our week together in the sun, sipping on cocktails (me, not the kids) and enjoying each others company.
I wanted to share some tips (some you may already know but hopefully there will be a few new ones you can take on board – no pun intended!) on packing for a trip in the sun.
1. If you are packing a large floppy hat, roll up some t-shirts and pack them inside the hat to keep the hats shape…I love this tip!
2. DO NOT OVER PACK – Now I know all the fashionistas of the world will tell you to pack whatever you think you may need and extra but seriously if you are going somewhere hot and with family, they don’t care if you wear the same thing twice (or three times for that matter!) so keep it light, plus that way there will be space for your new purchases!
3. Take a space bag – Invest in a good quality space bag to put your clothes in, they take up a lot less space in the suitcase and the clothes stay relatively un-creased.
4. PACK A JUMPER! – Yes Singapore is a lovely 32 degrees on most days in June/July but the shopping centres are freezing! On our last trip to Singapore I had to make impromptu purchases on jumpers for me, the kids and hubby because inside the hotel and shopping centres it was shivering cold. I have found in most places where it is hot outside, the air conditioners in the shopping centres are very cold so it’s worth taking a jumper.
5. Always… and I do mean always take one change of clothes in your hand luggage… at least if your suitcase goes missing you will have something fresh to change into until you can find yourself a decent store to invest in a new wardrobe!
So, I hope there has been at least one tip that you hadn’t already thought of and might be able to use on your next vacation.
Right now I have to go because I can hear my sister, brother-in-law, kids, hubby and nephew calling… its going to be one hell of a trip…