The mornings are fresh and the nights are getting cool… that’s how you can tell Autumn (or ‘fall’ for my American readers although they are going into Spring) is here. So I thought I would dedicate a post to the TOP 5 Winter ‘MUST HAVES‘. I love winter fashion… I love boots and fur and leather, lucky for me this season is all about that.. So without further ado, here it is, StyleCrush’s TOP 5 Winter ‘MUST HAVES’
1. SOMETHING LEATHER… And this extends to anything! If you cant do leather pants, (don’t worry, most of us have a fear of leather pants) leggings with leather inserts are a great way to be on trend without stepping too much out of your comfort zone. Feeling brave? try a leather top or skirt and if full leather is just too much, look for items that have inserts of leather.
2. FUR (faux of course)….Okay, let me be clear here…..I LOVE FUR!!!! and not because it reminds me of socialites of the 1950’s/1960’s but because fur can stop that bone chilling wind getting through to your core! I love my fur vests (in fact I have just added another one to my growing collection) but its not only about the vests for this season, there are some great fur scarves around! You can still wear your favourite jeans from last winter and just add a long sleeve top and your new fur scarf or vest and you have instantly updated your wardrobe! Fur-tastic!!
3. ANKLE BOOTS… I am at least a 5inch heel kind of girl and while 5inch heel ankle boots are fabulous (thank you Mr Louboutin) they are not always practical. So if you can wear them and you love them, get them in a heel but if you’re not up for heavy rains and ice cold weather wearing 5inchs then flat ankle boots are just as fashionable! Black, brown, taupe or tan…. you really cant go wrong!
4. PRINT CLASH…or at least print – I hear the gasps through the screen… ‘clash’s of print you say?’ Yep, think Florals with Leopard print. Dolce and Gabbana did it first and oh so well (and they are responsible for the heart stopping dress that I am dying to purchase)… Now is the time to be daring – mix it up and have some fun! and if your just not sure, start with a single print like leopard, wear it with all black and work your way to ‘clash’.
5. LACE – There is nothing sexier than a lace dress… and I’m not talking Nana lace, I’m talking pretty black lace with a nude underlay tight on the curves of your body like this one from LOVER®. If tight on the body isn’t your thing then try a lace top or skirt, but if your opting for top and skirt, only make one of them lace…
So there it is..my top 5 winter ‘must haves’… and remember its all about interpretation… Wear the trend in the way that suits you best, choose what works for you and leave the rest behind…